Trivia / $#*! My Dad Says
- Actor Allusion: In the pilot, his son Henry imitates him with long pauses. Ed (Shatner) says, "Why can't anyone ever do a good imitation of me?"
- When asking what song there is for Ed to sing Karaoke, "Rocketman" is suggested to him. Luckily, he refuses.
- In another episode, Ed slides across the hood of a car, reminiscent of Shatner's other big TV series.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: After Samuel was defeated, Eli got a job as a Magazine Editor.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Nicole Sullivan is Ed's daughter-in-law.
- Recycled Script: CBS basically used a King of Queens script and added the names of Vince and his wife instead of Doug and Carrie in "Easy, Writer".
- What Could Have Been: The last episode featured a cliffhanger in which Ed discovers he has a long lost son who he sees in the final shot from the son's POV (all we hear is the son say "Hi Dad").