For the Game Show:
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The 1984-90 version has not been rerun since October 13, 1995 (the final day of USA Network's afternoon game show block). By all indication, USA never aired the first few months from '84, the Spelling-format shows from '85, or anything from 1990.
- The 1993 revival hasn't been rerun since its cancellation.
- Recursive Adaptation: The game show adaptation had its own Home Game, TV Scrabble. A board game based on a game show based on a board game.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: Allegedly, the reason the show hasn't been rerun since the mid-'90s is due to legal hangups between Hasbro (successor to Selchow & Righter, the original company behind Scrabble) and Fremantle Media (successor to Reg Grundy Productions). Although Fremantle's Buzzr subchannel would have an easier time getting repeat rights than GSN would...
- Uncancelled: The '93 revival.
- You Look Familiar: Dick Van Patten and Bernie Kopell played against each other in one tournament. In the mid-1970s, they played Friar Tuck and Alan-A-Dale in the cult classic One Season Wonder When Things Were Rotten.