For the Game Show:
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The 1984-1990 version has not been rerun since the final day of the USA Network's afternoon game show block on October 13, 1995, and is very unlikely to appear on GSN, even though it, along with its sister show Sale Of The Century, has been in high demand among many game show fans. The 1993 version has not been rerun since cancellation.
- Recursive Adaptation: The Game Show adaptation had its own Home Game, TV Scrabble. Thatís right, a board game based on a game show based on a board game.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: Allegedly, the reason the show hasn't been rerun since the mid 90s is due to legal hangups between Hasbro (successor to Selchow & Righter, the original company behind Scrabble) and Fremantle Media (successor to Reg Grundy Productions).
- Uncancelled: The 1993 revival.
- You Look Familiar: Dick Van Patten and Bernie Kopell played against each other in one tournament. In the mid-1970s they played Friar Tuck and Alan-A-Dale in the cult classic One Season Wonder When Things Were Rotten.