* ActingForTwo: In the English dub of ''J'':
** Creator/ErinFitzgerald voiced Cherry and Luchs from episode 4 to episode 10.
** Creator/NicoleOliver, who voiced Baiko, later took over for Erin for the remainder of the series.
** Tamasaburo and Lorelei were both voiced by Creator/EllenKennedy.
* AdaptionDisplacement: How many people are even aware of the ''Saber Marionette J'' audio series? Or the light novels?
* AmateurCast: Many of the English voice actors from ''J to X'' haven't done much else. At least a few of them aren't even credited.
* CompletelyDifferentTitle: ''Chica Marioneta'' (''Girl Marionette'') in Latin America.
* FranchiseKiller: The controversial ''Saber Marionette Z'' manga. The story is that even though it's by then normal with human women on Terra II, maiden circuits are made for every marionette, and some chose to turn evil. The main marionette, Zero, had CombatTentacles that she used to absorb the other marionettes and gain their skills. It only reached only 7 chapters with a huge ArtShift in chapter 6. It never was collected into a whole volume. It caused such a stir the whole franchise was put on hold until bought in 2015.
** The entire Japanese voice cast of ''Anime/SaberMarionetteR'' returned in ''J'', despite ''R'' having none of the same characters (they are similarly named Expies), whereas most dubs had little to none of the voice casts return.
** The U.S. release got R's Lime and Cherry, Maggie Blue O'Hara and Creator/ErinFitzgerald respectively, to play J's Lime and Cherry... until Erin moved to Los Angeles.
** Creator/CristinaHernandez played both Limes in Mexico.
* CrossDressingVoices: In the Japanese version of the series, Otaru is voiced by Creator/YukaImai.
* DirectedByCastMember: The Mexican Spanish dub was directed by Love Santini, who also voiced Bloodberry (Zarzamora in the dub).
* NoDubForYou: The ''J'' VHS release in 1999 was sub only, even though ''J Again'', released around the same time, had a dub. Averted with the DVD release.
* NoExportForYou: The ''Battle Sabers'' videogame.
** Not only did the controversial Saber Marionette Z stay in Japan, it didn't even get a whole volume.
** Colleen Wheeler left the dub after one episode, so Creator/ErinFitzgerald took over.
** After episode 13, Creator/NicoleOliver replaced Cretaor/ErinFitzgerald as both Cherry and Luchs in the English dub after Erin moved to the US.
** Also the ''J'' series ended up being dubbed by Ocean in Vancouver instead of Animaze in LA [[note]] contrary to popular belief, not the other way around [[/note]], so the entire cast was changed. Notably, Otaru went from being voiced by a female (Creator/MonaMarshall) to a male (Creator/BradSwaile). Then ''J to X'' went to Blue Water in Calgary, presumably due to union issues, and the entire cast was changed once again.
** The rest of the dubs were more consistent, with two major exections in ''J Again''. In Japan, Creator/KikukoInoue was on maternity leave during production, and thus was replaced by Creator/EmiShinohara. In Mexico, Isabel Martinon was replaced by Creator/ElsaCovian, who ironically played ''R'''s version of Cherry. In both cases the original actress came back for ''J to X''
** This may also happen to Creator/YukoMizutani as Luchs following the actress's passing in 2016.
** Apple was going to be part of the original series, but she was cut. She appears in the ''Battle Sabers'' game, anyways.
** Saber Marionette J only has 25 episodes because the 26th was turned into J Again.