Actor Allusion: Puss, played by Antonio Banderas, is Zorro as a cat - right down to the trademark letter-carved-on-a-tree.
- In Shrek the Third, listen to the queen's Non Sequitur Thud after she head-butts the wall apart. Sound familiar? It's a bit of "A Spoonful of Sugar" and "My Favorite Things".
- King Harold makes a excuse about his old "crusade wound" acting up. As Basil Fawlty, John Cleese made a similar claim about an old war wound.
- After Lillian (voiced by Julie Andrews) breaks the second wall with her head, she starts humming My Favorite Things.
- Surely Mike Myers as a big guy with a Scottish accent counts; Shrek Forever After even has Fiona mistakenly calling him "Scott".
- Shrek cracks a mirror by looking into it and smiling: the scene is virtually identical to the same one featured in Mike Myers' Austin Powers films.
- Donkey's line "I had my mouth open and everything" actually came from part of Eddie Murphy's "Delirious" routine.
"I am your worst nightmare! A nigga with a badge!"
- In the fourth movie, Donkey very poorly sings the final line of Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love Of All", a reference to Eddie Murphy's role as the incredibly untalented Randy Watson in Coming to America.
- Shrek tells Donkey "You're going the right way for a smacked bottom". Austin Powers said the exact same thing to Madonna in the Beautiful Stranger video.
- Donkey bragging about how he's "the stairmaster".
- And how have not mentioned Shrek:
- Having a Scottish accent
- Being accused of eating his own children
- Boasting about how his bowel movements could kill a donkey
- Taking physical abuse first in his backside, then in his gonads.