Trivia: Rose of Versailles
- Blooper: The manga actually has one. In volume two, Marie's cape shifts from one arm to the other in the space of one panel◊. And in case you think she just decided to shift it, remember that she was just 14, and would have had to have moved several square yards of fabric, trimmed with several feet of Gem-Encrusted ermine, in a matter of a couple seconds.
- Disowned Adapted Finale: Riyoko Ikeda disowned the Distant Finale of the anime for showing Alain leaving the army to become a farmer, stating that he would always be a soldier. As promised, the sequel Eroica has Alain still wearing the uniform even after having been discharged for political reasons, and fighting against the Royalists in the Vendemiaire Insurrection even before rejoining the army on request of Napoleon Bonaparte himself.
- Fake Nationality: While the director of the film was an actual Frenchman, most of the actors were British.
- No Export for You: Despite it being a beloved, best-selling classic in its native Japan and very popular in a number of European countries, it took decades for English language releases to come out. In the 2010s, there was finally a DVD release by Nozomi Entertainment (in two box sets) and a manga release by Udon Entertainment.
- The Other Darrin: The 2008 movie brings a pretty interesting and all-star new cast: Sanae Kobayashi as Oscar, Toshiyuki Morikawa as Andre, Ayako Kawasumi as Marie Antoinette, Mamiko Noto as Rosalie, Hikaru Midorikawa as Bernard, Kazuhiko Inoue as Fersen, Rikiya Koyama as Alain, Masako Katsuki as Polignac, Akiko Yajima as Jeanne and Kenji Nojima as Louis.
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: "BeruBara"
- One of Us: His interest in lockets and mechanical things in general are the sign he's a time-appropriate Geek.