Trivia: Rookie of the Year
- The Cameo: Several then-current baseball players are seen in the montage, including Barry Bonds. Ray Charles also appears.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Three Home Alone alums have supporting roles as various members of the Cubs organization. John Candy plays the team's play-by-play commentator, Eddie Bracken (the kindly store owner in the Home Alone sequel) is the team's owner, and Daniel Stern (who also directed the film) plays the team's eccentric pitching coach.
- The Janitor as the Cubs' first baseman.
- Retroactive Recognition: Thomas Ian Nicholas (Henry) would go on to star in the American Pie series.
- Neil Flynn, who plays the Cubs first baseman, would be best known as The Janitor from Scrubs.
- Throw It In: When Henry's mom celebrates Henry scoring his first run, she smacks her head on an overhead light. This was unplanned; Amy Morton legitimately smacked her head on it. You can see her start to mouth "Oh, shit" as the scene begins to cut, which is funny because that scene also contained the film's actual precision "Shit"-strike".