* ActorAllusion: This isn't the first time Creator/LauraBailey plays a character who is [[spoiler:forced to kill a loved one, and a sibling at that]]. In a ''Resident Evil'' production as well.
* BrokenBase: To many, Resident Evil 6 is considered one of the worst series but to others, it's one of the best. One side states the lack of horror, the other states that to feel the horror, one has to imagine themselves in that Biohazard world. One side states that there is too much action, the other states that to survive, one has to fight these Biohazard monsters to survive, resulting in the Horror Action Survival genre which is that of Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6.
** Blue Ada: [[spoiler:Carla Radames]]
** Bionic Nemesis: The Ustanak, since it's essentially Nemesis with Spencer's '''[[VideoGame/MarvelVSCapcom3 BIONIC AAARRRRRMMM!!!]]''' from ''VideoGame/BionicCommando''.
** Plot Dump: The nickname for Ada's campaign.[[labelnote:Explanation]]Resulting from the majority of the game's plot details and backstories of the villains and other important information that is found through the Serpent Emblems on Ada's campaign.[[/labelnote]]
** The healing tablets in the game tend to be referred to by players as "Tic-Tacs", after the candy.
** Fake-Ada, for the Ada [[spoiler:clone]] who's wreaking havoc. Alternatively, Ada Wong and Ada Wrong.
*** Alternatively, Red Ada and Blue Ada.
** ''Resident Evil: Modern Warfare'' came about due to the added focus on shooter mechanics.
*** Alternatively: ''Resident Gears of Duty''.
* GeniusBonus: During Chapter 3 of Chris' campaign, while tracking the Iluzja through the Poisawan district, one part of the area resembles an extremely unhygenic dentist's office (complete with a filthy glass case full of dentures). In real life, the Kowloon Walled City -- which this part of the game was based on -- was infamous for its large number of unlicensed dentists, and a case full of dentures almost identical to the one seen in the game was featured in an old German documentary about Kowloon.
* MilestoneCelebration: This game marks the fifteenth anniversary of the franchise; as a special treat, gamers were able to purchase the first four mainstay PS games from the Japanese store for 3,000 yen (''4'' alone would cost 1900) through the end of March 2012.
** RelationshipVoiceActor: Helena is Creator/LauraBailey and Leon is Creator/MatthewMercer. [[VideoGame/FireEmblemAwakening Chrom and "Marth"]]/[[spoiler:Lucina]] fighting together again! Which can be squicky if you ship them together for [[spoiler:ParentalIncest]] reasons.
*** In the DLC Japanese voice pack, Sherry is voiced by Creator/MaayaSakamoto and Jake is voiced by Creator/DaisukeNamikawa. Fans who ever played ''VideoGame/Persona4Arena'' will realized that both VA voicing [[VideoGame/Persona3 another]] [[VideoGame/Persona4 character]] with Wild Card potential.
*** For that matter, considering we have [[Creator/YuriLowenthal Yosuke]], [[Creator/LauraBailey Rise]], [[Creator/TroyBaker Kan]][[Creator/MatthewMercer ji]], and [[Creator/EdenRiegel Marie]] all together, this is practically a ''VideoGame/Persona4 Golden'' reunion.
* LetsPlay: [[https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIQFcenap4faDn_3m4w4UZl0_z9wZo0WL An excellent video LP]] was done by Website/SomethingAwful member Lunethex.
* PromotedFanboy: Creator/MatthewMercer, Leon's current VA and one of the stars of ''WebVideo/ThereWillBeBrawl'', has been a long running fan of the series, with Leon being his favorite character.
** Most of Leon's campaign uses settings and plot elements very familiar to longtime fans of the franchise. Among other things, he ends up [[VideoGame/ResidentEvil2 in a city filled with zombies]] (to the point where he even meets a cop on his first day and goes to a gunshop to stay safe) and [[VideoGame/ResidentEvil ends up in a mansion with its own dark secrets]] ([[VideoGame/ResidentEvil4 and said mansion features several underground catacombs]]).
** The same can be said of the other campaigns, to a degree. The game recycles the angry, brooding, vengeance-driven Chris from ''VideoGame/ResidentEvil5'' during the majority of his chapters. Jake and Sherry's campaign can be seen as a retake on ''VideoGame/ResidentEvil3'' (with Ustanak filling in for Nemesis). Ada's campaign is much like her ''VideoGame/ResidentEvil4'' campaign, as she tails the rest of the cast and fills in details as she goes along.
* [[TalkingToHimself Talking To Herself]]: [[spoiler:Ada and Carla are voiced by Courtenay Taylor. Which is justified, since Carla is actually a clone of the real Ada]].
* TheCastShowOff: Creator/TroyBaker, Jake's voice actor, sings the song that plays during the credits to Jake and Sherry's campaign.
** Carla Radames was largely believed to be a fake character not in the game before the game's release, to the point that "I believe in Carla Radames" became somewhat of a MemeticMutation.
** Rumors circulated of an UpdatedRerelease known as ''Resident Evil 6: Final Hope'' which would bring the game to Wii U as well as include an additional campaign for Claire Redfield.
* ViralMarketing: [[http://www.nohopeleft.com/ No Hope Left]].