Trivia: Red Sonja
- Billing Displacement: Arnold is featured more prominently in the posters and the like, despite playing a secondary character.
- Divorced Installment: The film was originally supposed to be the third Conan the Barbarian film.
- Development Hell: A remake/reboot/whatever was discussed for several years, with Rose McGowan and Amber Heard mentioned as possible leads, but the failure of Conan the Barbarian (2011) seems to have finally killed it for good.
- Genre-Killer: This movie, along with Conan the Destroyer, is widely credited with killing the Sword and Sorcery genre in media for quite some time. Dragon magazine commented, "Conan the Destroyer may have killed the franchise, but this movie put a stake through its heart and stuffed its mouth with garlic."
- Old Shame: Neither Arnold or Nielsen find pride in this film. Arnold once claimed he punished his children for misbehaving by making them watch this movie repeatedly.
- What Could Have Been: Sandahl Bergman, aka Valeria from Conan the Barbarian (1982), was initially cast as Sonja, but she decided to play Gedren instead.