- Advertised Extra: Dan Aykroyd gets second billing but only appears in the Kansas portions.
- Billing Displacement: The poster on the main page accurately reflects the characters' importance. But this one◊ has Frank and the sheriff front and centre, despite them not being main characters.
- California Doubling: Montreal doubled for New Jersey, with the result that some road signs in French had to be covered over. Clarenceville doubled for Kansas.
- Directed by Cast Member: Bob Hoskins directed the film and played Frank.
- Fake American: British Bob Hoskins as Frank. As the movie was filmed in Canada, most of the American characters were played by Canadians.
- No Export for You: The film never got an official USA release, due to issues with the rights.
- Production Posse: Bob Hoskins had worked with producer David L Snyder and actress Terri Finn on Super Mario Bros..
- Technology Marches On: The Applied Phlebotinum of tracking the rainbow landing site comes from a time when people still knew very little about computers.
- Unintentional Period Piece: Defied to an extent. The costume designer avoided dressing the characters in the fashions of the day to avoid dating the film to the 90s.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The band's last album Stranger in Us All has never seen a re-release and has also never been made available on iTunes, making it surprisingly hard to find in lossless quality.
- What Could Have Been: Hipgnosis' cover artwork◊ for Difficult to Cure was originally designed for Black Sabbath's Never Say Die!, but it was rejected.