Trivia: Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
- Hey, It's That Voice!: In the Japanese version, in addition to Koichi Yamadera as Jack Walker, this film has Hiroshi freakin' Fujioka as the voice of Phantom the Pirate.
- Recycled Script: The script is basically a recycled and compressed version of the Togepi sideplot from its hatching to Misty being forced to give it up when it's a Togetic. It's also pretty similar to the Jirachi movie.
- No Export for You: This movie has yet to be released in The United Kingdom on DVD.
- Talking to Himself: May and Manaphy have the same English voice actress. Considering their interactions...
- What Could Have Been: This movie is originally and supposedly going to focused on Jackie Walker as the Main Character, along with Manaphy being it's sidekick, but This shifted around as May became a more interesting viewpoint for the story and they realized how May and Manaphy's Mother/"Son" dynamic might appear to be recycling Misty and Togepi.