Trivia: Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
- Hey, It's That Voice!: In the Japanese version, in addition to Koichi Yamadera as Jack Walker, this film has Hiroshi freakin' Fujioka as the voice of Phantom the Pirate. Yes, the guy who played Segata Sanshiro.
- Recycled Script: The script is basically a recycled and compressed version of the Togepi sideplot from its hatching to Misty being forced to give it up when it's a Togetic. It's also pretty similar to the Jirachi movie.
- No Export for You: This movie has yet to be released in The United Kingdom on DVD.
- Talking to Himself: May and Manaphy have the same English voice actress. Considering their interactions...
- What Could Have Been: This movie is originally and supposedly going to focused on Jackie Walker as the Main Character, along with Manaphy being it's sidekick, but This shifted around as May became a more interesting viewpoint for the story and they realized how May and Manaphy's Mother/"Son" dynamic might appear to be recycling Misty and Togepi.