- Hey, It's That Sound!:
- Image Source
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The original version of the game with the Michael Jackson sprites for the dancing zombie isn't the easiest to get ahold of these days. It has not been sold since the change, meaning your only chance to obtain that version is to either hope you can buy a used physical copy made before then, or find a torrent of that specific version.
- Let's Play: There's one by Daneboe on his SuperBoeBros channel. There's also one by NintendoCapriSun and another by Boltage McGammar.
- No Export for You
- Prior to December 14, 2011, if you own an Android device and live outside of the US or Canada, you can't have PvZ on Android since the game was exclusively available to the Amazon App Store, which only sells within the US and Canada. The trope was finally averted and made available over the regular Android Market worldwide on December 14, 2011.
- Oh, and if you own an Xbox 360 but live in a country with no XBox Live support, no PvZ Xbox for you!
- Plants vs. Zombies Heroes was released in March 2016, but only for certain countries. It didn't get released globally until October 2016 with some added polish.
- Trope Namer: For Summon Backup Dancers.
- Viral Marketing: The music video (caution: Ear Worm!) and various videos of zombie cosplayers on Youtube.
- The Wiki Rule: Here.
- What Could Have Been: Quite a lot, actually.
- The game was planned to be a sequel to one of Popcap's older games Insaniquarium.
- Several other names were planned for the game, such as "Lawn of the Dead" and "Mr. Toad's Wild Lawn".
- There was originally an ice level for the game. It is still in the game, but nothing like what it was originally like.
- Going into the Lawnstrings folder reveals there were zombies called "Dog Walking Zombie" and "Propeller Zombie".
- Most insane of them all, though, is that there are a whopping 21 unused minigames in the game, 20 of them with their own unused page, the Limbo Page.
- Working Title: Lawn Of The Dead.
Trivia / Plants vs. Zombies
For trivia in the sequel, see Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time