Trivia: Pillars of Eternity
aka: Project Eternity
- Dueling Games:
- Pillars of Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera were both Kickstarter funded spiritual successors to old-school CRPGs, specifically Planescape: Torment. Unsurprisingly, Planescape: Torment team members like Chris Avellone worked on both. Downplayed in that both teams have wholeheartedly endorsed each other's projects, and Obsidian made a point of directing their backers to donate to Torment as well.
- Also, with Divinity: Original Sin, as both are tactical, isometric RPGs with old school sensibilities that feature open-ended tasks and shy away from hand-holding. Both also draw comparisons to Baldur's Gate II.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- What Could Have Been: Two of Chris Avellone's companions, Durance and Grieving Mother, were initially much, much darker. Obsidian felt they are too controversial, so they were rewritten by other writers. And given how those two turned out as shipped, the mind reels at what the first draft must have looked like.
- The Wiki Rule: There is an Eternity Wiki available.
- Working Title: "Project Eternity".