- AFIS 100 Years 100 Heroes And Villains:
- #49 Hero, Andrew Beckett
- AFIS 100 Years 100 Songs:
- #68, "Streets Of Philadelphia"
- AFIS 100 Years 100 Cheers: #20
- Executive Meddling: Several scenes depicting a more intimate relationship between Andrew and Miguel were chopped out by the studio. They also attempted to block the casting of the HIV-positive Ron Vawternote , until director Jonathan Demme pointed out how hypocritical this would be in the face of the film's message.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Here, Ben Bradlee is an asshole who fired Forrest Gump, who is in a relationship with Zorro, and his mother is Clara Varner. In the ensuing lawsuit he is helped by Malcolm X. The chief defense attorney is Betty Carver. Testifying for the defense is Josh Lyman; testifying for the plaintiff, Nancy McNally.
- What Could Have Been: Daniel Day-Lewis was Jonathan Demme's first choice to play Andrew Beckett. This has led to a rather tasteless joke in regards to Lewis'd intense Method Acting, saying that, had he been casted, he'd have actually contracted AIDS for the role.