Trivia / PaRappa the Rapper
- Actor Allusion: At the start of Vs. Mode matches in the second game, Boxy Boy will quote Hairdresser Octopus for no real reason. Both characters are voiced by Freedom Bremner.
- Bowdlerise: In the American version PaRappa 2, all references to God were changed to "the man", the lyric "...tastes better than wine" was changed to "...you better get in line", and "Warm the buns" became "Toast the buns" (to avoid Accidental Innuendo). However, they didn't seem to mind "Slurp it! Suck it! I know you all like it!"
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Ryu Watabe as Ma-san.
- Development Hell: This was the reason why there wasn't a PaRappa the Rapper 3.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Due to Rodney Greenblat's popularity in Japan, he was chosen to design the game's characters and environment.
- The Other Darrin: Sunny, Katy Kat and MC King Kong Mushi in PaRappa 2. Katy goes through another VA change in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.
- Talking to Himself: Throughout the series, there is a number of actors who have voiced many numbers of characters. They include:
- Michele Burks as Katy Kat and Cheap Cheap the Cooking Chicken in PaRappa 1.
- Armstead Christian as PJ and Papa PaRappa in both the PaRappa game and its 2001 sequel.
- Saundra Williams as Instructor Mooselini, Chunky Burger Restaurant Manager, and vocalist for the song "Funny Love".
- Ryu Watabe as Joe Chin, Chop Chop Master Onion, PaRappa 1's TV Announcer, Ma-san, and Captain Fussenpepper.
- MC King Kong Mushi's voice actor, Richard Bush, also does the voices of the Two Punks in both PaRappa games, and Chief Puddle in Um Jammer Lammy.
- Dean Bowman, King Kong Mushi's Other Darrin in PaRappa 2, also does the Guru Ant.
- Freedom Bremner as Boxy Boy and Hairdresser Octopus in PaRappa 2.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: Rumors suggested that one could play as Sunny Funny or as Chop Chop Master Onion in the original PaRappa.