- Bad Export for You: The PS2 version of OutRun 2006 requires the cross-system connectivity with the PSP version to unlock some cars. However in Japanese version, all PSP unlockables are included in the Japanese PS2 version from the start.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: OutRun Online was taken down from the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade in December 2011 due to the expiration of Sega's contract with Ferrari.
- No Export for You: OutRun Online Arcade was also released for the PS3, but never made it to North America due to licensing issues — apparently, Microsoft's agreement with Ferrari in North America gives them some leverage for exclusivity on the Xbox 360, which may explain why the Ferrari DLC for Need for Speed: Shift was Xbox 360-exclusive.
- Port Overdosed: There are many, many ports of the original OutRun. Besides being released on just about every home computer in the late 80's and early 90's, it's also appeared on all of SEGA's own consoles, a few cell phones, PS2 through PS4, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, and Nintendo 3DS.
- Sequel Gap: While there were dozens of spin-offs and ports in between, the game known as OutRun 2 wasn't released until 2003, 17 years after the 1986 arcade game.