Trivia: O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Breakaway Pop Hit: "I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow" was a minor radio hit.
- Defictionalization: The Soggy Bottom Boys.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Doc Hopper is running for Governor!
- Non-Singing Voice: Dan Tyminski, a member of Alison Krauss And Union Station, provided Everett's singing voice as George Clooney proved not to be up to the task. Reportedly extremely humiliating for Clooney, as he's from a line of well-known singers.
- Satanic Archetype: Sheriff Cooley fits Tommy Johnson's description of the Devil exactly: "He's white, as white as you folks, with empty eyes and a big hollow voice. He likes to travel around with a mean old hound." However, upon seeing him at the end of the movie, Tommy doesn't seem to notice.