- Breakaway Pop Hit: "Reflection", which, surprisingly, was Christina Aguilera's first single, and the start of her career.
- Fake Nationality: While Mulan, Shang and Chi-Fu = Chinese-Americans, Mushu = African-American; Shan Yu = Irish-Puerto Rican; Chien-Po, Ling, the head Ancestor, and the Emperor = Japanese-Americans; Yao = Jewish-American; Mulan's singing voice = Filipina; Shang's singing voice = Osmond-American; Fa Zhou = Korean-American. On the other hand, they're mostly using American Accents.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Chi Fu's voice actor, James Hong, later went on to use the same voice in the portrayal of a village mayor in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Before that he'd used the same voice in the portrayal of a mad scientist in Teen Titans. He was also looking for the girl with the green eyes in San Francisco, and a goose that owned a noodle shop.
"You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty."
- Once you hear it, you can't un-hear that Shang is Dr. Huang and Mulan is Chun-Li. And of course, there was no disguising Harvey Fierstein and George Takei's distinctive voices.
- Mulan's grandmother is June Foray.
- In the sequel, Su is Connie Souphanousinphone.
- The guy who actually sings "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is Donny Osmond.
- Mulan's singing voice is that one Arab girl who owns a tiger. She's also Eponine, and Fantine.
- Pat Morita is the Emperor. All he needed was an offer to teach Mulan how to "wax on, wax off"...
- Some of us were waiting for the Emperor to suddenly laugh "BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAH!", actually.
- After being blown up by Clarence Boddicker on behalf of Dick Jones, Bob Morton (Miguel Ferrer) was reincarnated as a villainous Hun named Shan Yu.
- Mulan is also Aki Ross.
- Not to mention the Huns are led by Albert Rosenfield/Dr. Garrett Macy.
- Of course, there's Eddie Murphy.
- On the Marvel side of things, Mulan is Agent May, while Shan Yu (Miguel Ferrer) is Vice President Rodriguez.
- In Chinese dubs (both Mandarin and Cantonese), Shang is Jackie Chan. That includes the singing part — appropriate, given that Chan was trained in Chinese Opera.
- Little Brother, Cri-kee (the cricket) and Khan (the horse) were all voiced by Frank Welker who has done so many animated film roles that a list could go on forever. Notably, Pegasus, George and Abu.
- In Latin America, Mushu is voiced by Derbez, while Mulan herself, just like with her American singing voice, is Princess Jasmine.
- In Italy, Mulan is Leshawna.
- In Japan, Shan Yu is voiced by Hiroshi Fujioka. Yes, the Huns are led by Segata Sanshiro over there.
- Non-Singing Voice: B.D. Wong does the speaking voice of Shang but the singing voice — that is, for "I'll Make a Man Out of You" — would be none other than Donny Osmond. (This in spite of Wong being a Broadway performer with a good singing voice. The Word of God on this is that Donny Osmond's singing voice sounds more like B.D. Wong's speaking voice than his own). Ming-Na Wen also does Mulan's speaking voice, while her singing is provided by Lea Salonga (who also sang for Princess Jasmine).
- The Other Darrin/Poor Man's Substitute: Mulan II saw the return of most of the original cast except for Miriam Margoyles as the Matchmaker (replaced by April Winchell), Chris Sanders as Little Brother (replaced by Frank Welker) and Eddie Murphy as Mushu (replaced by Mark Moseley—who coincidentally, has also filled in for Murphy by voicing Donkey in the Shrek video games ).
- What Could Have Been: An alternate version of the "Reflection" sequence changes the tone of the piece from a quiet, somber, well, reflection to a triumphant action scene.
- Shan-Yu was originally going to have Animal Eye Spy powers via his falcon.
- This early concept art for Mulan II shows the Matchmaker having a bigger role in the story, going along with them on their journey. There would have also been a female dragon as a love interest for Mushu.
- According to the audio commentary on the special edition Mulan DVD, Li Shang was considered a dorky guy despite being physically fit due to his inability to talk to Mulan. An example of this would be after she defeats Shan Yu he says "You fight good" in a nervous way.