Trivia: Mr. Bug Goes to Town
- Box Office Bomb: Only made $241,000 out of its $713,511 budget in both of its theatrical releases in 1941 and 1946.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: As noted above, it was a major financial failure in its home country of the United States, where it remains obscure and unpopular. In Japan, however, it's considered an animation classic- Disney's DVD release in the country was produced by none other than Studio Ghibli, and at the 2003 Laputa Animation Festival in Tokyo, a group of 140 animators deemed it to be the 13th best animated film ever made!
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Swat the Fly and Mr. Bumble were both played by Jack Mercer.
- Former Disney storyman/voice actor Pinto Colvig voices Mr. Creeper with a voice similar to the one he used for Grumpy in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. You can also hear his Goofy voice as one of the bugs.
- Tedd Pierce was C. Bagley Beetle.
- Smack the Mosquito is played by Carl Meyer a semi known writer from Fleischer/Famous Studios, his other more well known role was as The Evil Wazzir in Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp.
- Mrs. Ladybug and Buzz are played By Margie Hines.
- Mr. Bumble and Swat are voiced by Jack Mercer, best known as Popeye the Sailor.
- What Could Have Been: Max and Dave Fleischer had planned to release the film earlier in 1941, but pushed it to December on account of Walt Disney's Dumbo being in theaters.