- Actor Allusion:
- Adam Brody is wearing a Fight Club shirt while being interrogated by Brad Pitt. Presumably, Tyler Durden was played by Jude Law or something in this universe.
- John's yellow/orange sunglasses later in the movie are suspiciously similar to a pair seen on Tyler Durden.
- Real-Life Relative: Not at this stage but soon afterwards. Already well publicized before the movie came out, to the point that some initially assumed that this was a Gigli-style attempt at capitalizing on their romance. Apparently, they fell in love on the set.
- Recycled: The Series: They tried to do this with this film.
- Romance on the Set: Pitt infamously left Jennifer Aniston for Jolie while filming.
- Throw It In: The scene where John accidentally shoots through Jane's windshield was supposed to have him hopping over the last fence, but Brad Pitt actually tripped and broke the fence. However, his muttered line of "Oh, dear God!" as he rushed through the mangled fence was so amusing that the director kept the scene the way it was.
John: Nononononono! Accident!
- What Could Have Been: Brad and Angelina were both replacements when filming began to snarl. Before the two of them were confirmed, others such as Will Smith, Johnny Depp, Nicole Kidman, and Catherine Zeta-Jones were considered. Now try to imagine both A) the movie with any combination of the previous actors, and B) a world without Brangelina.