- Doing It for the Art: Oh, yes. There is an absolutely ludicrous amount of detail in these games, especially the later two.
- Newbie Boom: The EarthBound fandom got a sudden surge of new members when the game finally got rereleased on the Wii U. At one point it was the most downloaded Virtual Console game on the Wii U, which resulted in many new comers to the series, with some being people who likely never heard of the game at that point. This has notably caused some friction between those who were in the cult fandom before it gained a wider audience, as not only are the newbies more willing to point out EarthBounds flaws, they've even started to criticize Mother 3's flaws upon finding out about it, which considering the game was considered a Sacred Cow by those who were in the cult fandom...
- No Export for You: Only MOTHER 2 was released in America, under the name EarthBound. Europe got it even worse, as none of the three games were ever released there.
- The rerelease of EarthBound on the Wii U finally averts this for Europe.
- As of June 14, 2015, the first game is getting an international release under the name Earthbound Beginnings.
- What Could Have Been: Mother 3: Fall of the Pig King was originally for the 64DD, then just the 64, then eventually on the GBA; loosing international release, 3D graphics, 10 other playable characters, and who knows what else.