Trivia: Mommie Dearest
- AFIS 100 Years 100 Heroes And Villains:
- #41 Villain, Joan Crawford
- AFIS 100 Years 100 Movie Quotes:
- #72, "No wire hangers, ever!"
- Creator Backlash: Faye Dunaway regrets having played Joan Crawford in the movie version and doesn't like to talk about it, either. Christina Crawford also regretted it being made.
- Genre-Killer: While the book spawned a slew of nasty tell-all "memoirs" by children of famous celebrity parents that continues to this day, this film seemed have killed the idea of turning those books into major motion pictures, save for a television movie every now and then.
- Parody: MAD Magazine referenced Mommie Dearest in their After the End satire of Who Framed Roger Rabbit from issue #284. With Roger's career already in decline, his daughter adds to his problems by publishing a tell-all book called "Bunny Dearest: A Hare-Raising Shocker".
- Parody Retcon: The movie started being advertised as a parody a few weeks after its release. Posters were changed to read, "Meet the biggest MOTHER of them all!"
- Truth in Television: Some modern audiences are confused at the film where Christina's soap opera seems to be both performed live and being recorded at the same time. This was a technique called "live tape" where television shows were performed as if live, including timed pauses for commercial breaks, but recorded for later broadcast.