Trivia: Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- Executive Meddling: In an interview with a fansite, Mark Gatha (Domon's English VA) said that the cast felt that the first 20 episodes were kind of rough because they hadn't gotten a feel for their characters yet, and really wanted to redub those episodes after finishing production. However, Bandai wouldn't let them.
- The show itself was an attempt at this. Imagawa was hired to direct it as he was rather new to the idea of directing and Sunrise thought that now that Tomino was no longer at the helm, they could control the new guy and use him to just push new toys. They didn't realize that Imagawa doesn't take "no" for an answer when it comes to creative control over his work.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: As sizeably noted in the character page:
- Word of God: The DVD sets have the "G-Files," which are interviews with series director Yasuhiro Imagawa. They explain some of the thought process behind plots (the episode with Saette being inspired by a Turkish film), Gundam design (two of them were winners from a kids' fan contest), and why the series is as it is: "we decided early on to ignore what makes sense in favor of if it looks cool."
- Writer Revolt: The plot was completely changed by the director and several people left production.
Gundam Fight International Regulations:
League Finals Rules of the 13th Gundam Fight: