Trivia: Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X
- Acclaimed Flop: The game received very good reviews, but only sold 100,000 units worldwide, which canned any chance of the sequels getting remade.
- Actor Allusion: Probably unintentional since it's only the dub actor, but in in The Day of Sigma, X's glowing hand attack resembles Shining Finger.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Mark Gatha voices X in this game. As an amusing side note, in The Day of ∑ X charges his hand to attack Sigma, similar to the Signature Finishing Move of the Shining Gundam. Mark Gatha also voiced Shining Gundam's pilot, Domon Kasshu.
- Stillborn Franchise: Was meant to be the first game in a Continuity Reboot of the Mega Man X series, up to X6. Due to poor sales, the Maverick Hunter X franchise was abandoned.
- What Could Have Been: This game was originally going to be the first out of a Continuity Reboot for Mega Man X1-X6 however due to the poor sales of the first game the project was Cut Short, and we'll probably never know how the creators intended to take the series through each storyline.
- In addition, while deciding on what to do next with the X series, creator Keiji Inafune was actually torn on whether to make X9 or restart the series with a X1 remake. Obviously, he chose the latter.