Trivia: Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X
- Good Is Boring: Creator example, the reason why Vile was chosen over Zero to be Promoted to Playable, Keiji Inafune thought Zero would be "too obvious and boring" a choice, and wanted to show the X story through a Villain's POV.
- Irony: While Keiji Inafune was initially working on the original release of Mega Man X it was Zero who was slated to be the main character, before being told to make the main character a Suspiciously Similar Substitute to the Classic Mega Man. Fastforward to Maverick Hunter X and Inafune finally has a chance to make Zero the main character like he had originally intended, and he declines, stating making Zero a playable character was too boring and predictable.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Mark Gatha voices X in this game. As an amusing side note, in The Day of ∑ X charges his hand to attack Sigma, similar to the Signature Finishing Move of the Shining Gundam. Mark Gatha also voiced Shining Gundam's pilot, Domon Kasshu.
- Stillborn Franchise: Was meant to be the first game in a Continuity Reboot of the Mega Man X series, up to X6. Due to poor sales, the Maverick Hunter X franchise was abandoned.
- What Could Have Been: This game was originally going to be the first out of a Continuity Reboot for Mega Man X1-X6 however due to the poor sales of the first game the project was Cut Short, and we'll probably never know how the creators intended to take the series through each storyline.