Trivia: Mark Wahlberg
- Doing It for the Art: He went far out of his way to get The Fighter made. His career in general contains a much higher percentage of serious drama than one might reasonably expect from a former rapper.
- Dyeing for Your Art: He trained every day for four years waiting for The Fighter (where he played a boxer) to escape Development Hell.
- Near Misses: Both he and Ted co-star Seth MacFarlane were scheduled (separately) to be on Flight 11, one of the planes that crashed into the Twin Towers. Wahlberg decided to go to a Toronto film festival instead at the last minute.
- Old Shame:
Mark Wahlberg: Oh my God, how am I going to explain this to my kids?
- In a rare case of a musician actually disowning his entire musical career, Wahlberg has no interest whatsoever revisiting his career as rapper Marky Mark. In an interview, he described coming across a VH-1 retro-'90s special in which he appeared, and apparently he didn't find it as funny as the VH-1 commentators did.
- Some of his earlier films as well, such as Fear, where he played a psychopathic stalker, rapist and murderer.
- Production Posse: So far, he starred in three films directed by David O. Russell.