Trivia: Marina & the Diamonds
- Creator Breakdown: "Living Dead":
"It was a gradual thing. The first song I wrote for this project, though it's not on the US version, was "Living Dead." I was pretty depressed at the time — I literally felt like I was dead inside. I wasn't enjoying my life. It's pretty sad if you're living like that but lots of people are."
- Creator Backlash: Marina has stated often that she doesn't like "Shampain".
- Dye Hard: Marina bleached her hair blonde (there's lots of black left though) for the Electra Heart era. Apparently, it was actually a wig she used to hide the fact a lot of her hair had snapped off. The bows and hairbands she frequently wore were to hide the wigline.
- Identical Stranger: Invoked in "Hollywood", with people mistaking her for Shakira or Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- In a non-invoked manner, in the "Mowgli's Road" video she looks like Jessica Szohr of Gossip Girl fame.
- She and Charli XCX, who are friends and did a tour together, look similar enough that they have been mistaken for sisters before. (They just went along with the joke for fun.) Even their voices can sound similar sometimes.
- Meaningful Release Date: "E.V.O.L" was released on Valentine's Day—even if it's not a happy love song.
- What Could Have Been: There are demos of her songs in her YouTube channel which have different lyrics and titles than the actual songs released. One example is Su-Barbie-A for Valley of the Dolls.
- There are also two full-fleged songs "Scab and Plaster" and "Miss Y" that were made during recording of Electra Heart but were removed for separate reasons, the former replaced with "Living Dead" while the latter ended up not properly fitting in with the album's concept.