- Enforced Method Acting: Since Tom Noonan remained segregated from the rest of the cast, the fright on Stephen Lang's face during The Reveal of Dolarhyde was genuine.
- Playing Against Type: Chris Elliott, of all people, in a straight role as one of the FBI techs.
- Unintentional Period Piece: The soundtrack and fashions in the film permanently mark it as a product of The '80s.
- What Could Have Been: According to Brian Cox, Brian Dennehy was "sort of in the loop" to play Lektor. Dennehy, for whatever reason, recommended that they check out Cox, who was performing in a play at the time.
The Video Game:
- What Could Have Been:
- Some sources indicate that the third game was going to be set in Chicago and the fourth and final in London. Others claim London for third and Orbs' homeworlds for fourth.
- Advertisements for the games claimed the player would have to decide whether to remain a loyal servant of the Orbs or join the resistance. There are no opportunities for such decisions in the actual games.