* ApprovalOfGod: Robbie Rotten's actor has stated his appreciation for the "We Are Number One" meme and the sheer creativity that came of it. The song's composer, Máni Svavarsson has also [[https://youtu.be/O3pf7HCbtXo?t=324 stated]] that he absolutely loves the meme.
* BeamMeUpScotty: A lot of people assume that the phrase Robbie shouts near the end of "We Are Number One" is a TitleScream. What he's actually shouting is "''Villain'' Number One", the original name of the song.
** Sportacus showcases Scheving's and Kristjansson's amazing stunts and talent as gymnasts, to the point where the character won't simply ''walk'' anywhere - instead he'll flip, somersault, walk on his hands, cartwheel, etc. just to get to wherever he needs to be. Granted, the show was created by Scheving himself, but still.
** The actresses who play Stephanie are both trained dancers and singers and get chances to show off their moves and voices in most episodes.
** Stefan Karl (Robbie Rotten) is no slouch either, being an accomplished singer and dancer in his own right. [[AwesomeMusic He probably also gets the best songs out of everyone else in the entire cast too]]; "You Are A Pirate", "Master Of Disguise", "Woof Woof Woof" and "We Are Number One" all have him as the lead vocalist.
* CrossdressingVoices: Believe it or not, in the Chilean Spanish dub, ''Stephanie'' of all people, was voiced by a male voice actor (Rene Pinochet, who was the dub voice of [[WesternAnimation/AvatarTheLastAirbender Aang]]) in the first two episodes, and later replaced by a proper female voice actress.
** While the male children in the original version subvert this, several foreign dubs ([[SameLanguageDub even the UK dub]]) play it straight with at least some characters (e.g. Lorraine Parsloe as UK Ziggy).
* DawsonCasting: Stephanie is eight years old (nine by the time of [=LazyTown=] Extra), while the actress who played her was a young teen. When the show was revived (once the Icelandic financial crisis had passed) the role was recast with the ten year old Chloe Lang. The original actress, Julianna Rose Mauriello, had turned twenty, too old, even allowing for this trope, to play the role convincingly.
** The show has two English dubs. One airs in the UK, with the puppets re-dubbed by British actors, and certain terms being changed, such as "mailbox" being changed to "postbox".
** The show also has three Spanish dubs. The first dub airs on Disney Junior in Spain, the second airs on Boomerang and Discovery Kids in Latin America, and the third airs on V-me in the United States.
* EditedForSyndication: When aired on NBC Kids in the United States, the verse about Stephanie being new in town is cut from the opening theme and the closing credits are aired compressed at the bottom of the screen during the "Bing Bang" song. The opening theme is also compressed. Some episodes are slightly cut to make room for more commercials.
* MeanCharacterNiceActor: While Robbie Rotten isn't really a mean character per se, Stefán Karl Stefánsson the actor who plays him is founder and director of Rainbow Children, an anti school bullying organization.
* MemeAcknowledgment: After countless "We Are Number One" parodies, the official [=LazyTown=] Website/YouTube channel decided to [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLZsu_HTHOPSKpB9Ks0bVHd_zzGNbxgU1Q&v=9IRRUq59MSg get in on the fun.]]
** Then Stefan Karl, following his recovery from pancreatic cancer with fan donation help, decided to perform the song [[https://youtu.be/O3pf7HCbtXo?t=16m11s one last time]] in a livestream.
** The official YouTube page was able to upload the whole episode "Robbie's Dream Team".
* NoExportForYou: Despite having been available in other markets since 2007, four episodes[[note]]"Miss Roberta", "[=LazyTown=]'s Greatest Hits", "School Scam" and "Dancing Duel"[[/note]] were only aired once in the United States. Noggin tended to air only season one episodes.
* NonSingingVoice: Matthias Matthiasson provides Sportacus' singing voice.
* TheOtherDarrin: When the series returned in 2013 after a long, long SeriesHiatus, Chloe Lang assumed the role of Stephanie in place of Julianna Rose Mauriello. As of January 2014, Scheving has stepped down from the role of Sportacus, passing the torch to Dyri Kristjansson. Both actors have aged out of the roles; Mauriello is now in her twenties and can't convincingly play a preteen girl, and Scheving has turned fifty, and while still in great shape, he has wisely let a younger gymnast take on the physically demanding role.
** Like so, the revival also had Pixel and Trixie replaced with Ronald Binion and Aymee Garcia, with the former being Pixel's puppeteer ever since season 1.
** The only UK actor to be replaced is Stingy's, who was replaced by [[UnPerson someone completely unknown]].
** In the European Portuguese dub, Ziggy's voice actor changed to Tiago Retrê in Season 2.
** The Romanian dub has ''loads'':
*** Gabriel Velicu replaced Cristian Balint as Sportacus in Season 4. Same for Dan Lupu replacing Viorel Ionescu as Stingy.
*** In Seasons 1-2, Adrian Ciglenean played both Robbie Rotten and Pixel. In the revival, Ionut Ionescu voices Robbie and Adrian Venete voices Pixel.
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: Happened when WNBC, the New York City NBC affiliate, ran the show as part of NBC Kids. As it and ''Noodle and Doodle'' were the last two shows to air as part of their scheduling for the block, the two frequently faced sports pre-emptions and sometimes didn't air at all during some weeks.
* TalkingToHimself: Bessie Busybody is voiced by Julie Westwood. In the UK dub, she also voices Pixel!
** In a similar fashion, Sarah Burgess voices both original series Trixie and UK Stingy!
** In the French dub, Stingy and Pixel are both voiced by Paolo Domingo.
** In the Romanian dub, Ziggy, Mayor Meanswell and Stingy[[labelnote:*]]excluding Season 4[[/labelnote]] are all voiced by Viorel Ionescu.
** [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MrqT0nFN2Q The Pilot for the show from 2001]] had a slightly different art style with most of the (puppet)kids having different designs to them as well as voice actors and Stephanie being played by a different actor.
** [[TotallyRadical Jives]], a character from the original play [=LazyTown=] was based on, was intended to be in the show, but ended up getting dropped. Despite this, his house can still be seen in the background of some episodes.
*** In a similar fashion, characters like [[PoliceAreUseless Officer Obtuse]] and [[GrumpyBear Hannin the Rooster]] were intended to appear as well but ended up getting scrapped.
** The infamous "We Are Number One" song originally had [[https://youtu.be/ODr2YmVuMEk completely different lyrics]], which were discovered when the song's stems were released.
** The episode "Zap It!" was originally going to have a completely different song called "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqmpffxlNkw Easy Way]]". Instead, the episode uses "Gizmo Guy".
** In an interview with Getlazy, head writer Mark Valenti talked about writing [[PutOnABus Stephanie out of the series in Season 3]] and [[SuspiciouslySimilarSubstitute replacing her with her cousin]]. Stephanie was supposed to appear on a video screen and explain why she was leaving town to the other characters. That idea was scrapped and Stephanie was simply recast instead.