Trivia: Kevin Smith
- 10-Minute Retirement: He announced his retirement from filmmaking in 2010. If the list of upcoming projects on the main page are any indication, he seems to have forgotten this.
- Broken Pedestal:
- Kevin was once invited to make a documentary on his musical hero Prince about his journey to religious enlightenment. The purple one's Cloudcuckoolander antics, vague instructions and habit of making people wait eventually took their toll on Kevin, who nearly missed his first Father's Day as a result, but the final straw was when he found out that what little he'd filmed wouldn't even be released and would only be in Prince's infamous "vault." Kevin left the project without payment, gratitude or even a performance of "Batdance".
- Similarly, his love of Bruce Willis was forever tarnished when Kevin had to put up with his prima donna antics during the shooting of Cop Out.
- Name's the Same: A retired running back from the NFL has the same name.
- Old Shame: Subverted. He found the process of working on the Superman reboot frustrating but still a dream come true, even if it was never made (especially since he got to spend a lot of time in the Superman archives). And he found Jon Peters to be too (unintentionally) funny to really dislike. After all, it is one of the most famous stories he tells people.
- One of Us: see Promoted Fanboy
- Also a troper.
- Promoted Fanboy: Pretty much the textbook case. He was a movie obsessed comic book nerd who went on to become a respected film director, screenwriter and comic book writer.