Trivia: Kaze to Ki no Uta
- Crossdressing Voices - Serge, Gilbert, Rosemariné and Sebastien are voiced by Noriko Ohara, Yuko Sasaki, Yoshiko Sakakibara and Yōko Ogai, respectively, in the OVA.
- Development Hell: See Executive Meddling below.
- Saved from Development Hell: Same deal.
- Executive Meddling - Averted. It apparently took Keiko Takemiya nine years to get this series published because she refused to censor it.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes - There is no official English translation, and until around 2008, there wasn't even a fan one.* The first six volumes have been scanlated thanks to the combined efforts of first Livejournal user Persepolis130, later Scarlet Carnival, and most recently the Tumblr-based Artemis Project; other than that, there are only text translations of a few later volumes. Even the Japanese print volumes can be elusive and expensive, although one can download raws both legally and not. For avid manga readers, it's series like this that have started them down the path to learning how to read and understand Japanese — and with the very flowery language and stylistic character usage, you really have to be fluent in and have a good grasp of Japanese literature already. (About the only saving grace is that at least there's furigana.)
- No Export for You - And sadly, given some of the subject matter, it'll be something of a miracle if this series does ever see an official English-language release.
- Playing Against Type - Yoshiko Sakakibara plays as Rosemariné in the OVA. Until then, she doesn't usually play Bishōnen characters.
- Portmanteau Series Nickname - KazeKi.