Trivia: Kappa Mikey
- Channel Hop - Kappa Mikey was produced solely for Nicktoons Network, but because it was controlled by their larger parent network Nickelodeon, new episodes sometimes premiered there first. When episodes stopped airing on Nick but continued on Nicktoons, some took this to mean it was canceled.
- The Danza - Michael Sinterniklaas as Mikey Simon.
- Executive Meddling: Ozu is an in-series one.
Guano: But... but you said you'd never tamper with my creative vision.
Ozu: (Calmly) I didn't tamper... (angrily) I lit it on fire — and danced on the ashes!
- Hey, It's That Voice! - A few of 4Kids' old anime actors were cast in this show as somewhat of a Mythology Gag for anime fanatics.
- Gonard is voiced by Sean Schemmel who voiced Goku in Funimation's Dragon Ball Z dub.
- Mikey is voiced by Michael Sinterniklaas who voices Dean Venture on The Venture Bros..
- Ozu's voice is Stephen Moverly, who had not acted as a profession, and was an employee of the production studio.
- Mitsuki is voiced by Evelyn Lanto, a pen name for Carrie Keranen, who is the Robot Maid Ozzel in Slayers Revolution, and now Mami in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and produced many shows at NYAV Post. When singing, Mitsuki's voice was the only one in the cast to be replaced, since Evelyn is reported to be tone deaf.
- Lily is voiced by Annice Moriarty, an alias for Kether Donohue. She's perhaps best known as Skuld, as well as Midori and Zoe.
- Dan Green, Zoe Martin, Wayne Grayson, Marc Thompson, Marc Diraison, Bella Hudson, and David Brimmer all make miscellaneous appearances.
- Ash Ketchum can be heard in ONLY ONE EPISODE as the Tatami Twins.
- Elizabeth Silvas, aka Kappa Lizzy or KL, is the only fan to be drawn into an actual episode of Kappa Mikey ("Live LilyMu"). She even has a DeviantArt page and still has followers.
- In Italy and Denmark, Mikey is Sasuke Uchiha.
- In Poland and Hungary, Mitsuki is Ginger Foutley.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes - Despite the whole show being available on iTunes, only 3 episodes were ever released on DVD in North America. In 2012, Amazon took down sales of the DVDs. With Nicktoons now replacing it with newer shows, good luck trying to find it elsewhere.
- Non-Singing Voice - Mitsuki was the only character who's talking voice actor had to be replaced when singing.
- What Could Have Been - The 2004 pitch pilot for MTV Networks was even more crudely animated to look like Perfect Hair Forever, and the humor was more adult-oriented. This was during MTV's attempt to bring animation back to the network and find successful cartoons on the likes of Ĉon Flux. They turned the show down. It was tweaked into the show we know now under Nickelodeon.
- The crew was considering animating an actual LilyMu episode for the entire 24-minute runtime for the series finale, but they went with "Live LilyMu" instead.
- An early draft for "The Clip Show" had the cast on their way to attend an awards ceremony, but they all got stuck on a broken elevator on the way there and they recalled montages to pass the time waiting for the repairman to come.
- Gonard's favorite food was going to be chocolate. Nicktoons declared the advertising of unhealthy foods to children, and it was changed to sandwiches.