* ActingForTwo: The same guy plays both Zu-Baduu-Ba's and Go-Badaa-Ba's (both grasshopper Grongi) human forms.
* AuthorExistenceFailure: Creator/ShotaroIshinomori died while writing the concepts for this series.
* CastTheExpert: Of a sort. Riku (the original Kuuga) is played by Kenji Tominaga, Kuuga's suit actor.
* FakeNationality: Jean's actor, Serge Vasilov, is actually from Romania, while his character is meant to be French.
* InMemoriam: Before the Heisei Rider era began with Kuuga's premiere, a message states that "This project is dedicated to Ishinomori-sensei". Shotaro Ishinomori was the creator of the Kamen Rider series, and Kuuga was an idea he had to revive before his death.
* OldShame: [[AvertedTrope Averted.]] [[GodNeverSaidThat Thanks to a mistranslated interview]], it was claimed for years that Joe Odagiri resented his time on ''Kuuga'' and took it off his resumé after moving on. He actually said that he didn't want to be [[TypeCasting typecast]] into children's shows, and there's evidence that he's at least neutral to the role: he kept in touch with his co-stars, attended Wakana Aoi (Minori Godai)'s wedding, and was committed to doing TheMovie up to its cancellation. He ''has'', though, said he doesn't really care for tokusatsu as a genre and took the role as a favor to producer Shigenori Takatera; since Takatera was fired due to the TroubledProduction of ''Series/KamenRiderHibiki'', he has no real motivation to reprise his role.
** A [[TheMovie theatrical]] sequel to the TV series languished in DevelopmentHell because the writers couldn't come up with a satisfactory conclusion to the story. Production was canceled in 2006, leaving ''Kuuga'' the only Heisei Rider series without a theatrical movie.
** The [[http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/kamenrider/images/a/a7/Kuuga_Ultimate_Concept_Art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150122124525 early designs]] for Ultimate Kuuga had a much more regal (and gold) aesthetic. These would end up influencing the design of Rising Ultimate Form in ''Decade''.
** Creator/MasayaMatsukaze auditioned for the title role, but was ultimately passed over for Joe Odagiri. Considering he's been in multiple Franchise/SuperSentai series, it's easy to imagine that Matsukaze would have been far more willing to reprise his role in later productions than Odagiri.