- Breakthrough Hit: The album Infinity and single "Wheel in the Sky", featuring the debut of Steve Perry.
- Creator Backlash: The band was reportedly disappointed with how Eclipse ended up.
- The Pete Best: Robert Fleischmann, Journey's frontman and lead vocalist briefly in 1977. He wrote "Wheel in the Sky", and a few others, but he didn't last.
- Promoted Fanboy: Arnel Pineda was initially approached to join the group after Neil Schon saw Youtube videos of him covering their songs.
- Troubled Production - The shoot for the much-derided video for "Separate Ways" ran into this, which partly contributed to its negative reputation. Leaving aside the band's qualms about moving from performance videos to concept videos and, to borrow the producer's own words, the "inane" premise of the woman in the video dreaming about the band playing imaginary instruments, they had been instructed not to bring their wives or girlfriends to the two-day shoot (which also produced the "Chain Reaction" video). Steve Perry, who had recently had his familiar long hair cut short, apparently forgot about or ignored this rule and brought his then-girlfriend Sherrie Swafford, whom the other band members hated. Swafford was furious at the presence of the model playing the woman in the video, calling her a "slut" and "whore" during arguments with Perry in his trailer - to which he had to retreat regularly to escape the unseasonably cool breeze blowing in off the Mississippi River. The unpleasant experience of shooting the video and its poor reception prompted the band to refuse to shoot any videos for their next album, Raised on Radio.
The video game:
- Austin Wintory has a complete score of the game with running commentary and gorgeous fanart here.
- What Could Have Been: The setting was originally a large canyon, where a glowing split in the rock could be seen in the far distance, as opposed to a split-peaked mountain. And the protagonist's early design resembled some type of samurai, as was shown in a few early teasers for the game. Also, the penultimate chapter was originally going to have you being beaten to a pulp by the Guardians before finally dying. It was tossed on the grounds of being too over the top.