Trivia: Jaws 3D
- Accidentally Accurate: The young white shark dies from the stress of being moved into a display tank while it's still recovering from its capture. In Real Life, no aquarium has yet kept a juvenile great white for longer than a few months, but it's because they're seldom willing to eat in captivity and have to be released before they starve.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Dennis Quaid, Louis Gossett Jr., Lea Thompson, and Bess Armstrong.
- And the star of Manimal as yet another animal expert.
- Company Hop: Technically the case, as this is the only Jaws movie not actually made by Universal (it was produced by Alan Landsburg Productions).
- Old Shame: Richard Matheson didn't like to talk about his experience being one of the screenwriters.
- What Could Have Been: The movie was originally intended as a spoof, "National Lampoon's Jaws 3, People 0". Ironically, what came out is widely considered a really effective unintentional comedy. More about what that project could have turned out can be read here.
- Also when it was to be a parody, Rodger Bumpass (best known as Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants) was going to be the lead.