- Defictionalization: Not long after the movie was released, a real-life company started producing a "Brawndo" energy drink. AVClub did a taste test of it here.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Sara Rue plays the Attorney General, but is uncredited.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The narrator of the film is Earl Mann. You might know him better from the NFL Films documentaries he narrated in the 80s and 90s.
- Invisible Advertising: The film received little to no promotion and was quietly released to a handful of theaters, showing for only one week.
- Justified in that it's name-specific cooperation skewing make it impossible to market.
- Production Posse: Mike Judge has a couple of Office Space holdovers in Idiocracy: Michael Bolton (not that Michael Bolton) is in President Camacho's cabinet, and Milton is a judge.
- Real-Life Relative: Luke (Joe) and Andrew (Beef Supreme) Wilson.
- Screwed by the Movie Studio: 20th Century Fox seemed to get antsy about the rampant corporation-skewering and wanted to shuffle Idiocracy off to the DVD racks as quickly and quietly as possible. However, the film's contract stipulated that this film would get a theatrical release... so it premiered in only a handful of theaters nationwide (Moviefone simply listed it as "Untitled Mike Judge Project"), with hardly any promotion at all, and was shown for only a week.