- Creator Killer: Writer Jeffrey Hammond has no credits other than this film. Director Chris Sivertson hasn't fared much better, with his only other credits — aside from All Cheerleaders Die, which he co-directed with the more renowned Lucky McKee — being on a couple of obscure horror films. Also, it crunched producer Frank Mancuso's career for several years
- Old Shame: Though she initially defended the film strongly against its detractors, Lindsay Lohan appears to have adopted this attitude toward the film in the years since. Her response to a fan on Twitter who mentioned watching the film two times was "two times too many".
- Playing Their Own Twin: Lindsay Lohan as separated-at-birth twins Aubrey and Dakota.
- Real-Life Relative: The young Aubrey in the photograph is played by Lindsay Lohan's real life sister, Ali.
- Star-Derailing Role: This film (as well as her out-of-control real life behavior) sent Lindsay Lohan's promising-until-then career into a death spiral that it has yet to recover from. As put by one critic:
"[This film may] just mark the nadir in Lindsay Lohan's sad, excruciatingly public descent from hot young star to walking punchline."
- not the first time lindsey lohan has played a pair of twins seperated at birth. namely The Parent Trap
- I Know Who Killed Me won a bunch of Razzies, one of which is for Worst Picture of 2007.