Trivia: I Could Never Be Your Woman
- Actor Allusion: Michelle Pfeiffer also tried to preserve her youth in Stardust.
- Likewise Paul Rudd and Stacey Dash play older actors playing teenagers, which they themselves did in Clueless.
- Dawson Casting: Although the movie parodies this, it does somewhat play it straight too. Michelle Pfeiffer was 47 playing 40 - meaning the actress was ten years older than the age her character claimed to be at first. Paul Rudd was 36 playing 29, and his character plays a teenager on a sitcom. Stacey Dash meanwhile was 40 playing the 20-30 something Brianna. Averted by Saoirse Ronan who actually was twelve.
- The Other Marty: Norm Macdonald was originally cast as the ex-husband. He grew a bushy beard for the role and then quit when he was asked to shave it off.
- Playing Against Type: Michelle Pfeiffer as an Adorkable Christmas Cake.
- Retroactive Recognition: This was Saoirse Ronan's film debut.
- Saved from Development Hell: Screenplay was put on hold by Paramount, but eventually funded by an independent producer, Philippe Martinez. The film was shot in 2005, but a distribution deal with MGM fell through. It was never released theatrically in the U.S., finally going direct to DVD in 2008, distributed by the Weinstein Company.
- The movie features some apt background music, including White Town's "Your Woman" (which includes the lyrics "I could never be your woman"), and blink-182's "What's My Age Again?", and The Beach Boys' "Wouldn't It Be Nice?"