The 10 Hunter Commandments, from the series itself:
- 1) Hunters must hunt something.
- 2) All Hunters require a minimum level of martial proficiency. Being able to use Nen is the minimum level necessary.
- 3) No matter what may happen, one who has become a Hunter will never have their title revoked. However, no matter the circumstances, a Hunter License will never be issued a second time.
- 4) Hunters may not hunt their fellow Hunters, except for those who have committed atrocities.
- 5) Hunters who achieve extraordinary accomplishments in certain fields will receive a star.
- 6) Veteran Hunters who have received a star, become superior officers and have had their students receive stars will receive two stars.
- 7) Hunters with two stars who achieve extraordinary accomplishments in multiple fields will receive three stars.
- 8) If the Hunter in charge does not receive a minimum level of support, then they will have their post removed. In this case, the minimum level is support from the majority of his fellow Hunters. If the seat of chairman becomes open, an election for the next chairman must happen immediately. The vice-chairman is to be left in charge until the new chairman is decided.
- 9) The chairman decides how the new Hunters are chosen. But in order to make a great change in the existing method, he must not receive support from the majority.
- 10) Everything not written here is to be decided by the chairman, vice-chairman, and their advisers. The chairman has the right to choose who becomes the vice-chairman and advisers.
- Actor Allusion: Kalluto looks almost identical to Ai Enma, and Genthru is quite similar to Solf J. Kimblee. Maybe it's not just coincidence that they sound like them.
- Creator Breakdown:
- Long rumored to affect the author, particularly the arcs that appeared to be sketchbook work. At least a couple breaks have been confirmed due to a literal physical breakdown causing health issues such as chest pain.
- Togashi's experience writing YuYu Hakusho have also seemed to play a role in the direction Hunter X Hunter have gone. Namely, the rotating cast of characters and the Deconstuction of Gon's character during the Chimera Arc. The latter of which Togashi wanted to do with Yusuke in Yu Yu Hakusho.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Gon, Killua, Kurapika and many other male characters are voiced by women.
- Extremely Lengthy Creation: As of 2011, Yoshihiro Togashi has been drawing it for 10 years and is still not finished. It is not a particularly lengthy series compared to its Shonen Jump brethren, but rather, Togashi took so many long breaks, one of which was 15 months, that it has taken this long to make it.
- Fan Nickname:
- Gon's adult form is called Gon-san by Japanese readers.
- The manga itself has come to be known as HiatusXHiatus.
- The Other Darrin: A good chunk of the cast was changed between series.
- Relationship Voice Actor: The 2011 version have many characters who share their seiyuus with Death Note characters. Leorio is Aizawa, Illumi is Mikami, Chrollo is Light, Feitan is L, Shalnark is Near, Nobunaga is Soichirou Yagami, Franklin is Utaki, Menchi is Misa.
- Series Hiatus: Three of 'em, leading the more cynical readers to refer to the series as Hiatus x Hiatus.
- What Could Have Been: Brendan Hunter, the dub actor for Hisoka in the 99' anime, expressed interest in reprising the role for Viz's dub of the 2011 version. Considering his performance was seen as a highlight of that particular dub, it would've been interesting to say the least. Unfortunately, Viz decided to play it safe and cast Keith Silverstein instead.
- The Wiki Rule: Hunterpedia.