Trivia: Hotline Miami
- Big in Japan: The games have apparently done very well in the Japanese market, enough to prompt a Compilation Re-release for PS Vita and PS4. It probably helps that Suda 51 is a fan.
- Fan Nickname: Due to the game's use of a Nameless Narrative, fans have come up with a number of nicknames for the main characters for the sake of convenience. Some of them were eventually adopted by the developers as semi-official nicknames.
- The main protagonist is known as Jacket. This nickname is popular enough that it is what the character is known as in his role as a Guest Fighter on PAYDAY 2.
- The man in a motorcycle helmet is known as Biker.
- The Damsel in Distress is known as The Hooker, or Girlfriend.
- The hairy, bespectacled clerk is known as Beard, or The Friend.
- All the characters who wear masks, while officially unnamed, are generally referred to by the name of their corresponding mask, such as Richard the Rooster, Don Juan the Horse, Rasmus the Owl, and Richter the Rat.
- Lying Creator: Dennation repeatedly went on record stating that Wrong Number would be the last entry in the series. Despite this, a secret stinger after the second set of credits hints at a "Hotline Miami 3".
- No Export for You: The second game was refused classification in Australia due to an implied rape scene, thus making it illegal to sell there. The developers then turned around and told Australians to pirate their game.