Trivia: Hotel Mario
- Accidentally Accurate: Toasters do reheat toast.
- Fan Nickname: Fat Mario and Gay Luigi.
- Old Shame: Nintendo prefers not to bring up this debacle of a game nowadays.
- Averted with Marc Graue (who provided the voice of nearly everyone in the game). In an interview, he said he had lots of fun doing the voices and he's happy that they're being used in YouTube Poop despite being more than a decade old.
- Talking to Himself: Marc Graue voices everyone except Princess Peach.
- Throw It In: Marc ad-libbed Mario's Shout-Out line "Hey, you, get offa my cloud!"
- What Could Have Been: This wasn't the only Mario game planned for the CD-i. Two more, Super Mario's Wacky Worlds (a CD-i exclusive Mission Pack Sequel to Super Mario World, and probably the most promising of all the CD-i Nintendo games, released or otherwise) and Mario Takes America (an educational game) were planned, but were cancelled due to a variety of issues.