Trivia / History of the World Part I
- Acting for Two: Mel Brooks has five roles in the movie. Moses, Comicus, Torquemada, King Louis XVI, and Jacques the Garcon de Piss.
- Beam Me Up, Scotty!: "It's good to be the King!" is often misquoted without the 'the' in shout-outs by other works.
- What Could Have Been: The role of Josephus was written with Richard Pryor in mind, but he was unable to accept due to his infamous freebasing accident in 1980.
- The role of Count de Monet was originally meant for John Cleese, but he was unavailable.
- You Look Familiar:
- Mel Brooks plays roles in every time period.
- Rudy de Luca who plays Captain Mucus, can also briefly be seen in Prehistoric Man segment. He's the caveman that gets accidentally killed by a thrown spear.
- Also Ronny Graham does double duty as Oedipus and a tortured Jew who relays his unfortunate experience of being anally tortured with a red hot poker.