Trivia: Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
- Adored by the Network: At first. Cartoon Network gave it a decent premiere slot, overexposed promotion, daily reruns, merchandising, and even getting the real life Puffy AmiYumi to appear on a parade float modeled after the show for Macy's 2005 Thanksgiving Day Parade, all in an effort to make it the next Powerpuff Girls. Sadly, by season 3, the show was unceremoniously canned and near-forgotten. See Screwed by the Network for more information on that matter.
- The Danza: In one episode, King Chad is dating an Emotionless Girl named Janice, who is voiced by Janice Kawaye (who also voices Ami). Of course, the REAL Janice is a pretty nice lady, according to the producers.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Hey, It's That Sound!: In "Sound Off" the sound effects in the color department are taken from various video games, like Super Mario World & Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Only eight episodes (seven from season one, one from season two) were ever released in English. The entire series was released on DVD in 2009...but only in Japan.
- The Other Darrin: Flash Backman, famous movie director, was voiced by Corey Burton in "Lights, Camera, Danger", while later in "Movie Madness", Rob Paulsen replaces Burton as voicing Backman.
- At the end, however, a director's voice that sounded like Corey Burton's Backman was heard.
- Screwed by the Network: A fourth season was planned, but Cartoon Network suddenly axed the show in October 2006, most likely due to a management shakeup. As a result, it didn't air the rest of the show's third season, removed it from reruns, and scrubbed all evidence of it from the network's website; they never even acknowledged the show's existence from then until October 2012, when the main characters appeared in the network's 20th anniversary poster◊.
- Too Soon: The episode "Tsunami Yumi" was never aired because of the then recent Indian Ocean Tsunami. (The real Puffy Ami Yumi appeared in an awareness ad for the tsunami.)