* AuthorExistenceFailure: A few tragic examples, first with the sudden suicide of Season 2 contestant Rachel Brown, which was then followed by the death of Season 3 contestant Aaron Song from complications of diabetes, then fellow season 2 contestant Keith "K-Grease" Greene's drowning, and then Season 16 contestant Paul "Paulie" Giganti's death in April 2017.
* ExecutiveMeddling: ITV executives insisted that the show feature celebrity contestants rather than chefs looking to further their culinary careers. Ramsay wasn't happy with this change and this is the reason why he immediately jumped at the chance to work on the American version of the show - because it is much closer to his original concept.
* RealLife/MeanCharacterNiceActor: "Chef" Ramsay is the boss you have nightmares of. "Gordon" Ramsay is a professional and pleasant man. In an almost Superman-esque transformation, he can go from serene and mellow to bombastic and swearing the moment he gets his coat on and into a kitchen, as shown in ''Series/MasterChef''.
* NamesTheSame: A few contestants across all the seasons have shared names (even contestants in the same season, which causes some to be referred to by their last name), but the most notable example is that the winners of both season 4 and season 10 were named Christina.
* PromotedFanboy: All chefs who say they admire Chef Ramsay in the ConfessionCam count, but Seth from season 5 fit this so well he seemed almost like a StalkerWithoutACrush. He had memorized many details about Ramsay's private life, including the type of cars he drove, and the names of his four children.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Gloria was originally supposed to stay as the red team's sous chef in Seasons 6 and 7, but either quit or was ditched at the last minute, resulting in Heather acting as a temporary replacement during Season 6, and Andi coming on-board as the permanent replacement for Season 7. It's not known exactly why this happened; some say the producers ditched Gloria because they didn't like her somewhat mopey demeanor and wanted someone [[MsFanservice younger and more attractive]], while others say Gloria quit because she wasn't comfortable with the attention she got from appearing on the show.