- Actor Allusion: Avril Bradley is a girl with blonde Boyish Short Hair. Erica Mendez also plays Sailor Uranus in the Viz-redub of Sailor Moon, who like Avril, has Boyish Short Hair, and her hair is blonde.
- Dueling Works: Came out the same year as the anime adaptation of Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian from Studio Gainax. Both shows are about Gothic Lolitas solving mysteries in a Post-World War Europe.
- He Also Did: Series composer Kotaro Nakagawa was also credited for his work on other anime, including s-CRY-ed, Planetes, GUN×SWORD, Code Geass, Zettai Karen Children, Inu × Boku SS, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V and Prison School.
- No Export for You: Subverted in 2017 when Funimation rescued the series. To fans' surprise, it was also given a dub.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Both Takuya Eguchi and Aoi Yuuki voiced two years later two characters close to each other in My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, but this time as siblings rather than friends.
- Schedule Slip: Episode 10 was delayed a week, and Episode 11 was delayed until the 1st of April because of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in the Tôhoku region of Japan.
- The country of Sauville really existed. In the real world, it was known as Savoy. It became an independent Duchy somewhere during the Middle Ages and existed as a country until it was annexed by France in 1860 during the Italian unification movement. It was mostly located on the slopes of the Alps (hence the mostly mountainous landscape in the series), but also had control of the city of Nice, which was a port city. While, of course, the history and the place names of Sauville are made up, the geographical location and the landscapes are fairly accurate.