For the Game Show:
- One-Book Author: The only game show hosting gig for Kevin O'Connell, who was otherwise largely a meteorologist. Well, gig that made it to series, at any rate- he hosted the 1986 Reg Grundy pilot Keynotes (which would find success in the UK and Australia), and the 1987 Bob Stewart pilot Money in the Blank (which recycled the match board from Stewart's earlier Three on a Match).
For the Film:
- Actor Allusion: The stripper named Noelle is played by Nikki Fritz, a B-movie actress known for her many appearances in straight-to-cable softcore erotic films. But before that, she was an actual stripper who worked at a club in the Hollywood area.
- Breakout Role: This was Timothy Olyphant's first opportunity to shine.
For the Tabletop Game:
- Name's the Same: When a stone is surrounded by opposing stones on all but one side, it is said to be in Atari.
- This game was actually the inspiration behind the name in the first place. Additionally, after Atari split into two companies, the arcade company (Atari Games) established a console division called "Tengen", which is also a Go term note . Nolan Bushnell (the original founder) even went to acquire a company that he eventually renamed after another Go term: "Sente"note (which became a division of Ballynote