- Box Office Bomb: Famously so, costing nearly $76 million to produce (it was produced by a company with a nasty habit of grossly understating its productions’ budgets) and recouping less than a tenth of that — $7,266,209.
- Creator Killer: For Martin Brest.
- Executive Meddling: The film started out as a straight mob movie. However, Columbia insisted upon changing it once "Bennifer" became the biggest tabloid story of 2002–03.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The retarded brother would later appear in National Treasure and The Hangover.
- Old Shame: One can't imagine Ben Affleck looks upon this film with any fondness.
- Romance on the Set: Affleck and Lopez started a well-publicized fling during this. And said tabloid overkill is certainly one reason audiences didn't care about The movie.
- What Could Have Been: See Executive Meddling above.