- AFIS 100 Years Series:
- He Also Did: Directed by one of the Zucker brothers. Yes, those Zucker brothers.
- Surely, you didn't think he was only capable of screwball comedies.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Also overlaps with Relationship Voice Actor and Hilarious in Hindsight: In the Japanese dub, Naoko Matsui voices Molly and Kenyuu Horiuchi voices Sam. They already worked together before, except as enemies as Roux Louka and Mashmyre Cello respectively in Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ.
- What Could Have Been:
- Michelle Pfeiffer, Geena Davis, Nicole Kidman, Kathleen Turner, Debra Winger, Andie MacDowell, Meg Ryan and Jennifer Jason Leigh were all considered for the role of Molly Jensen. The part went to Demi Moore largely because she has the ability to cry out of either eye on cue.
- Some other actors who were considered for the role of Sam were Paul Hogan, Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, Mel Gibson, Dennis Quaid, Bruce Willis (Demi Moore's real-life husband at the time), John Travolta, Nicolas Cage, Mickey Rourke, David Duchovny, Johnny Depp, Kevin Costner and Alec Baldwin. Director Jerry Zucker initially felt that Patrick Swayze would be completely wrong for the role, but Swayze did so well during his audition that Zucker offered him the role on the spot.