- Actor Allusion: David Tennant uses the same accent he used during his tenure on Doctor Who (he's actually Scottish). He even draws out his "Well...", which was one of Ten's catch phrases. Peter also holds the stake like Ten does the sonic. There's even a very Ten-like line in the end.
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do. (hardly a beat) That doesn't really narrow it down. That's like minigolf, and sushi."
- Dawson Casting: Dave Franco plays a high school student despite being 26 and playing a medical student in the final season of Scrubs.
- Fake American: Anton Yelchin (born Russian, raised in America), Imogen Poots (English), Colin Farrell (Irish) and Toni Colette (Australian).
- Fake Brit: Scottish David Tennant as the English Peter Vincent.
- Not Screened for Critics: In numerous countries there were no special screenings whatsoever. Given the fact film critics liked the film quite a lot after its release, it ended up as a mixed message for the audience.
- Screwed by the Network: While the film still managed to be a moderate box-office success, there wasn't much faith in it between execs - limited releases in mid-August, very small marketing campaign, no screening for critics in many countries... Especially jarring since the film earned most of its revenue from foreign markets, where it was almost completely neglected.