Trivia: Freeman's Mind
- Big Name Fan:
- Creator Backlash: Sort of. Ross Scott prefered to work on Civil Protection, but difficulty in coding caused him to concentrate more on the easier to make Freeman's Mind.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- The Mind creators often do guest appearances in each other's series, like when the Felix's Mind creator did the voice of "douchebag" in the Barney's Mind finale or when the Shephard's Mind creator did the voice of Griffin in two episodes of Parker's Mind.
- In one Meeting Of The Minds Krismin asked if Ross would be willing to include his line from episode 10 of Shephard's Mind: "Get back here you big orange FUCK!" where Shephard comes across Gordon running into a teleporter.
- Jossed: The above quote doesn't make it into the Freeman's Mind episode.
- Mythology Gag: Freeman attempted to "Listen to" what one of the Houndeye enemies had to say thinking it was an ambassador, this may be a reference to beta Half-Life when Houndeyes were originally neutral or even friendly, players shot them regardless.
- Schedule Slip:
- After making a new video about once a month Scott didn't upload anything for the last four months of 2010note .
- Subverted from May 7 to June 24 2011, he made episodes 32-37 and the bonus episode 0 running a nearly weekly schedule, and Ross Scott has stated he hopes to prevent large droughts again, but unfortunately, the switch to Windows 7 and the time spent on setting everything up delayed ep.38 for almost two months.
- Then he had the legal problems with Machinima which knocked him out of commission for months.
- Then he managed to get picked up by That Guy with the Glasses, known for not screwing over their contributors at every opportunity, and allowing regular updates... and then he accidentally dumped water into his computer. Oy...
- Ross managed to invert in this in late November and December 2014; in late October he promised to finish the series by the end of the year, and just made it: in a period of six weeks he released episodes 61.5 through the final episode, 68, on December 31, an average of one episode every 5 days.
- Screwed by the Network: Yes, this trope can even apply to web-only content. The extremely long hiatus after episode 44 was due to contract disputes between Ross and Machinima. This got so bad that Ross left Machinima for good and now releases all upcoming episodes in affiliation with That Guy with the Glasses.
- Throw It In:
Gordon: [laughs] Today's lesson is on muzzle energy and momentum!
- A glitch in the Houdeye's ragdoll may sometimes send it careening away through the air upon death. This happens once, in episode 15, and Gordon lampshades the situation.
- You know that bit where Gordon shoots down the helicopter in episode 42? According to the blog entry by the creator, the encounter wasn't supposed to go that way. Lampshaded somewhat in 43, when Gordon comments that he'd somehow turned the trick with rounds that were only 9mm in caliber.