Trivia for the comic book Flashpoint:
- Development Gag: In the Flashpoint-verse, the Shazam powers were given to a group of six kids, one power each, who can join forces to summon "Captain Thunder". The use of six heroes was the original concept for Captain Marvel before the writers decided to give all the powers to just one guy, and "Captain Thunder" was the original choice for his name before they found it was trademarked.
- What Could Have Been: According to Geoff Johns on the commentary track for Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Flashpoint wasn't originally designed to reboot the DCU into the New 52. This means that originally the DC Universe was going to go back to how it was prior to before the events of Flashpoint as opposed to the altered version of it that it became.
Trivia for the TV series Flashpoint:
- The Cast Showoff:
- Cle Bennett got to show off his singing skills in the very first episode he's in as a cop.
- Amy Jo Johnson and Hugh Dillion both have songs in the background of the show, with Jules getting a shout out from a character when her song was used.
- Channel Hop: In the United States, Flashpoint will be moving from CBS to ION Television. New episodes will begin airing on October 18, 2011.
- Genius Bonus: Almost all the references to locations involve actual roads and neighbourhoods and many of the downtown buildings are very recognizable, meaning someone with enough familiarity with Toronto can actually trace the fictional action of an episode — even when it doesn't make sense.
- Screwed by the Network: CBS broadcasted the show in the US but never kept seasons together, instead airing parts at a time and without pause between season. Basically, it was treated as summer filler. ION now has American rights to air the episodes after "Shockwaves," so perhaps they'll air it more evenly.
- What Could Have Been: The Original Pilot Script. included a romantically involved Jules and Ed (!) and a Sam who enjoys knitting (!!!), as well as other (more minor) changes. In an interview given by the series writers, it is also revealed they spent a lot of time working on the characters' romantic lives, and that Donna was initially going to be a negative force and a danger to the team that shook the trust and foundation of the SRU: In the writers' room with Flashpoint.
Trivia for the film Flash Point:
- The Cast Showoff: Donnie Yen gets to show in the film almost every martial art and thing he knows, including MMA, judo, kung fu, parkour and whatnot.