Trivia: Fish Police
- Development Hell: Moncuse said that he planned to revive Fish Police in 2010. So far, nothing else has come of it except sneak peeks in a single interview.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Most of the later issues, particularly the Apple and Comico ones, have not been reprinted.
- Shrug of God: In the letter section, Moncuse generally dodges the issue of whether or not they're actually underwater.
- Working Title: As seen in Issue 0 and some concept art in #26, the original title was Inspector Gill of the Fish Police.
- Write Who You Know: Inspector Gill pretty much is Moncuse ca. 1985.
- Dueling Shows: With The Simpsons back when The Simpsons was the most popular show in America and the world (the early 1990s). Along with Capitol Critters on ABC and Family Dog also on CBS, all three shows failed to be true competitors to The Simpsons and it wouldn't be until the late 1990s into the 2000s that The Simpsons would have worthy competitors (Futurama, Family Guy, the WB's short-lived animated showsnote , Dilbert, and all of [adult swim]'s shows).
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Detective Catfish is Rafiki and Mussels Marinara is the Justice Friends' Infraggable Krunk, and the law shark? Tim Curry.
- Old Shame: Moncuse has said that he disliked the series, likely because of how little it had in common with the source material.